A prominent contract manufacturer is conducting a major nationwide recall of ALL lots of its dietary supplement products pursuant to a Consent Decree entered by the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York. This recall applies to all dietary supplement products manufactured and sold between January 2013–November 2019 and all lots of products are included in this recall.
The products are being recalled after an FDA inspection found significant violations of current good manufacturing practice regulations. Manufacturing practices that are not in adequate control represent the possibility of risk being introduced into the manufacturing process resulting in finished supplement products with decreased identity, purity, strength and composition.
To put it in “plain language”: companies were selling products that didn’t have exactly what they say they did or weren't properly prepared, and those companies didn’t know it because an outside manufacturer was making them.
Unfortunately, many supplement companies are just sales and marketing organizations that do not manufacture their products. And so they just don’t know.
At Animal, we take great pride in designing our own formulas, sourcing materials, and manufacturing and certifying that all of our supplement products meet the highest standards within our own facilities.
Here is a short summary of what we do:
- We source, sample and test all raw materials before they’re used in production (organoleptic [color, odor, texture, physical form], Total Plate Count [salmonella, e. coli, yeast, mold], heavy metals, ID, particle size, PH)
- Specifications are created for each individual raw material to be used
- Each is stringently tested by a 3rd party chemistry/microbiology lab
- Upon passing Quality Control, raw materials are released for production
- We have quality specifications for each packaging component that ensure constant quality with every new shipment
- We maintain high standards for equipment cleanliness with a cleaning verification process monitor
- After finished products are blended, encapsulated or coated (for tablets), they are tested to ensure that our label claims and product quality standards are met
- New products and current products are tested for stability to ensure quality throughout the lifetime/shelf-life of each product
- We design, review, and print our own labels based on FDA guidelines
- We are UL certified
- We have Informed Choice certified products (Pak powder, Flex powder, and Animal Whey)
All of our Animal products are quality certified and, as if that was not enough, we also have our Iron Clad Guarantee. We stand behind every single pill, every powder, and every single Animal "pack" we make. If you bought a product from any of our retailers and it has not satisfied you for any reason, we offer an industry-leading, 30-day, 100% no-questions-asked guarantee. Our word is our bond.