John first started lifting in middle school. His parents had a two-story workshop and he had a bench and dumbbells on the second story, which also had no lighting. It was dark and John was alone and doing something he loved. He would see all those old black and white Animal Ads and just thrive on living out the hardcore journey. In school he couldn’t satisfy his knowledge on training or nutrition. He had to read everything and know how the body worked; John is a bit of a muscle nerd. This led John to get his Bachelors in Exercise Science and Masters in Nutrition, becoming a Registered Dietitian.
Now as an IFBB pro he has worked his way up the ranks now being a top 5 Olympia competitor. When he first started, he set his goal too low and didn’t see the potential in himself. So, set that goal high and make sure everyone thinks you are crazy, then you know your goal is right.
- World Champion in powerlifting, 2005-2010, broke 12 world records, 706lb bench press
- 2014 NPC Branch Warren Classic, 1st place Light Heavy Weight
- 2015 NPC USA Championship, 6th place Middle Weight
- 2016 NPC Dallas Europa, 1st place Heavy Weight and Overall winner
- 2016 NPC USA Championship, 1st place Heavy Weight (IFBB Pro Card obtained)
- 2016 IFBB Phoenix Europa, 5th place 212 Pro
- 2018 IFBB New York Pro, 7th place 212 Pro
- 2018 IFBB Dallas Europa, 5th place 212 Pro
- 2019 IFBB Chicago Pro, 3rd Place 212 Pro
- 2019 IFBB Tampa Pro, 1st Place 212 Pro, Olympia Qualified
- 2019 IFBB 212 Olympia Championship, 4th place
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.